Monday, March 7, 2011

what we ate today: 1 Adar II

breakfast: gluten-free frozen waffles with organic Maranatha brand peanut butter. Yummy, easy, this is the reason I buy them when on sale.

other: Coconut Milk! I found a recipe online and due to distraction only remembered to put ¾ c. coconut to 1 c. water. Well, it worked! I put them in the vitamix, let the coconut soak for a couple hours, then blended it up. I strained the pulp and put it in a container in the fridge; I'm not sure yet what to do with it. I got 1 cup of milk, added 1 tsp of honey and the boys drank it down immediately and demanded more. I don't think my shredded coconut supply is going to last the week, but this is delicious!

¾ c. shredded dried raw unsweetened unsulfered coconut (long list, yes)
1 c. water
1 tsp. honey (add after straining)


lunch: carrot gazpacho. Just threw everything in the vitamix, blended, and served. So good! Adin ate 2 bowls of it and tried to polish off Asher's (as he was too busy to really eat). I had 2 bowls myself. Bog bowls.

3 c. organic baby carrots (ah, costco. Why no whole carrots? Oh well.)
1 tsp. minced garlic (Gilroy)
handful yellow grape tomatoes (NS)
handful of wilting organic greens (costco)
2 c. water
salt
lots of fresh ground pepper
some evoo (maybe 2 tbsp)

dinner: Brussels sprouts sauteed in evoo, steamed cauliflower with some seasoning salt, carrot spears with a peanut dipping sauce. Adin ate all the cauliflower he could get his hands on, Asher ate maybe half his dinner, and I finished off everyone's brussels sprouts, because they are delicious and I love them.

peanut sauce:
3 Tbsp peanut butter
1 Tbsp minced garlic
some soaked quinoa (a no-go sprouting experiment)
splash of rice vinegar
splash of soy sauce
water to thin

No comments:

Post a Comment